Bideford College aims to “bridge the gap to a better future” and believes every student has the right to receive comprehensive careers education to assist them to make informed choices about their future employability.
The careers programme at Bideford College helps the College meet its NEET targets and helps:
- Contribute to strategies for raising achievement, especially by increasing motivation
- Support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity
- Encourage participation in continued learning, including higher education
- Develop enterprise and employability skills
- Reduce drop out from, and course switching in education and training
- Contribute to the economic prosperity of individuals and communities