Students at Bideford College Sixth Form complete a programme of study that allows them to develop a complete understanding of the courses that they have chosen to follow, as well as giving them an opportunity to develop as independent young adults ready for the next stages of their careers.
The two-year programme of study at level 3 will include:
- At least 3 A levels or level 3 BTEC qualifications.
- Timetabled independent private study with the support of an academic study support tutor. This is enhanced with an investment in Up Learn for STEM subjects
- Tutorial and enrichment support through timetabled morning tutorials as well as IAG and supra-curricular lessons. Students follow a PSHE programme that informs students about all those little things they need to know but no one ever tells them
- An opportunity to complete work experience or voluntary work in the spring term.
- GCSE maths and English for any student who has not achieved a grade 4.
All Sixth Form students will be placed in a tutor group for the duration of their studies and have the support of their tutor to guide them towards the next steps of their careers; applying for university, an apprenticeship or employment. Sixth Form tutors will also play a key role in guiding students towards appropriate work experience placements that are usually completed during the spring term in Year 12